Applications Now Being Accepted
Sperry Public Schools
Applications Now Being Accepted
April 13, 2018
Sperry Public School is accepting applications for the following positions:
- Speech Pathologist-Must have a masters degree in speech pathology, current Oklahoma teaching certificate, and a certificate of clinical competencies certified by ASHA;
- Elementary Music/Assistant Band Director-Must have current Oklahoma teaching certificate in Instrumental/General Music. Duties include assisting with high school band and leading or assisting with middle school band and/or elementary music/beginning band. Extra-curricular activities are required, including, but not limited to, marching band participation in district events and programs, participation in appropriate local/ district/ state music/band competitions, and assisting Elementary/Middle School Band teacher with during activities and competitions. Preference given to applicants with 3 to 5 years of experience in competitive marching band (See Job Description);
- Secondary Math Teacher-Must have current Oklahoma teaching certificate and be certified and highly qualified in mathematics. Preference will be given to candidates certified and highly qualified in both Intermediate Mathematics and Advanced/Secondary Mathematics and with three or more years of experience;
- Secondary Social Studies Teacher -Must have current Oklahoma teaching certificate in one or more areas of social studies. Preference will be given to candidates certified and highly qualified in American History, Government, and World History;
- Secondary Science Teacher-Must have current Oklahoma teaching certificate and be certified and highly qualified in science. Preference will be given to candidates certified and highly qualified in multiple areas, i.e., biology, physics, chemistry, and anatomy/physiology with five or more years of experience;
- Secondary English Teacher-Must have current Oklahoma teaching certificate and be certified and highly qualified in English/language arts. Experience teaching both middle school and high school English preferred;
- Secondary Spanish Teacher- Must have current Oklahoma teaching certificate with Spanish certification for grades 6-12. Duties will include introductory short course for 6th and 7th grade students and Spanish I for high school credit for 8th grade students. Duties may also include some high school Spanish I or Spanish II classes. Preference given to applicants with at least 5 years experience teaching Spanish and highly qualified in one or more other core content areas for middle school;
- Secondary Computer Applications Teacher- Must have current Oklahoma teaching certificate for grades 6-12. Duties may include teaching introductory middle school computer skills, basic computer skills for middle school and high school, and/or advanced computer applications for high school. Must be capable of teaching and using basic computer/internet skills, online research skills, Google Docs, Google Classroom, and other online resources;
- Elementary Teacher-Must have current Oklahoma teaching certificate for Elementary Education, grades 3 through 8. Candidates are expected to be skilled in developing differentiated assignments and working with both whole class and small group settings. Preference given to candidates with 5 or more years teaching experience and experience teaching in a departmentalized setting.
- Early Childhood Teacher-Must have current Oklahoma teaching certificate for Early Childhood Education, grades Pre-K through 3. Candidates are expected to be skilled in developing differentiated assignments and working with both whole class and small group settings. Preference given to candidates with 5 or more years teaching experience in early childhood.
- Secondary School Counselor-Must have current Oklahoma guidance and counseling certificate. In addition to being skilled in the areas of academic, personal/social, and career development counseling, applications need to be experienced in a range of administrative duties as well. Duties include but are not limited to class scheduling, student observation/supervision, assisting with IEP and MEEGS meetings, and Building Test Coordinator. Preference will be given to candidates with 5 or more years of secondary school counseling with Oklahoma test administration experience;
Applicants interesting in coaching positions need to be currently certified in one or more open certified position content areas.
Custodian–Duties include cleaning and maintaining facilities (classrooms, halls, offices, restrooms, gymnasium/locker rooms, etc.) using proper chemicals, equipment and techniques; securing buildings and locking facility doors and setting alarm system; and some lifting, carrying, and physical labor required. Preference given to individuals with experience using industrial cleaning/maintenance equipment and materials. Basic knowledge of effective and efficient housekeeping techniques, procedures, and equipment is required.
Bus driver–Prefer current C.D.L. class B with passenger and school bus endorsement, but district will train if necessary. Contact Richard Akin, Operations Manager, at 918-288-7213. Bus Driver-job description
Supervisor/Cook–Supervises and assists in all aspects of day-to-day opperations to include cashier duties, dish washing, food prep, serving, general cleaning and sanitation. Full-time contract position. All successful applicants will need to have a Tulsa County Food Handlers Card. Please mail completed application and resume (FSM) to Sperry Public Schools, Atten: Child Nutrition, 400 West Main Street, Sperry, OK 74073 or FAX your information to 918-288-7067, Attention: Child Nutrition/Susan Sherwood or email to email@example.com. Applications may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our website at www.sperry.k12.ok.us to download or print an application. Please e-mail your completed application/resume to email@example.com ; mail completed application with your resume, cover letter, and a copy of current teaching certificate, if applicable, to Brent Core, Sperry Public Schools, 400 West Main St., Sperry, OK 74073; or FAX your information to 918-288-7067, Attention: Brent Core. District application forms and complete position postings are located under the “District” tab and then under the “Administration” tab. Sperry Public School is an equal opportunity educational institution.
Sperry Public School provides equal opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, or genetic information in its education programs, activities, and employment. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions and educational services and programs. The district also provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups.